St. Mary's Church and Services
There has been a church here for many centuries, perhaps before the Norman conquest, although there is no mention of it in the Domesday Book. Much of the present building dates back to the 15th century and is constructed of uncoursed flint with some Sandringham sandstone and carrstone quarried from Sandringham Estate. The Nave and South Aisle were re-built in 1824 with the Chancel and North Trancept being restored in 1892. The great treasure of the church is the 1756 organ built by Snetzler- this was originally in the National Society’s training college before being gifted to Hillington in 1857. The organ is unusual in that the sharps are white and the naturals black.